joe johnson hanford sentinel

If Drug Odor and Foul Air Seeps Into an Apartment Due to Drug Abuse by Other Tenants, Can You Break the Lease?

Question by Sharon: If drug odor and foul air seeps into an apartment due to drug abuse by other tenants, can you break the lease?
The air is very strong and concentrated in all rooms of the apartment due to their cigarette and drug use. Can the lease be broken in California without penalty?

Best answer:

Answer by sparkle7776896969
I think you have to go to your landlord first and have them try to remedy the problem before you leave without penalty. If you go to yoru landlord, make sure you get something in writing that you did bring this to their attention, and if no resolution happens, then you can move out (and have something to cover your butt if the landlord comes after you later)